WHA is experienced in performing hazard analyses for a number of industry applications including:
- Industrial Oxygen Piping and Equipment:
- Air Separation Plant Piping and Valves
- Industrial Processes (Methanol Generation, Ethylene Generation, Gasification Processes)
- Steel Mill Oxygen Distribution Systems
- Hydrometallurgy and other Metals Refining Processes
- Waste water Treatment Plants
- High-Pressure Oxygen Storage and Distribution Systems:
- Oxygen Cylinders and Associated Equipment
- Medical Oxygen Equipment
- Aerospace Propulsion and Breathing Gas Systems
- Cylinder Filling Plants
- Low-Pressure Oxygen Supply Systems:
- Oxygen Concentrators, Ventilators, and Other Medical Oxygen Systems or Components
- Hyperbaric Chambers (Consistent with the Oxygen Safety Requirements in ASME PVHO-1)
The OFRA Approach.
Our approach is consistent with industry standards for performing oxygen hazards analysis on systems and components per ASTM (G 88, G-63, G-94, and others), CGA (G-4.4), EIGA (IGC 13/12, 200/17), ISO (ISO 15001) and NASA (TM-2007-213740).
- DEFINE MAXIMUM SYSTEM OPERATING CONDITIONS
- DEFINE MATERIALS OF CONSTRUCTION
- DETERMINE MATERIALS FLAMMABILITY
- EVALUATE IGNITION PROBABILITY
- ASSESS FIRE CONSEQUENCE
- IMPLEMENT CHANGES TO ACHIEVE A LOW PROBABILITY OF IGNITION AND A LOW CONSEQUENCE OF IGNITION.
WHA maintains a unique materials compatibility database to support our analyses, so our recommendations are grounded in real test data, not just expert opinion.