Lubricants and Non-metals Compatibility Tests.
Non-metals compatibility tests evaluate the ignition and flammability properties of oils, greases, plastics, rubbers, and other non-metal materials in gaseous or liquid oxygen environments. Further these tests may be performed in other oxidizers (nitrous oxide) or at non-standard conditions (e.g. high pressure, high temperature).
- AIT – Autogenous Ignition Temperature (AIT) of Nonmetals (ASTM G72, ISO 11114:3, ISO 21010)
- HoC – Heat of Combustion (ASTM D4809)
- GFIS – Gaseous Fluid Impact Sensitivity (Oxygen Pressure Surge Test) (ASTM G74, ISO 21010)
- LOXMIS – Liquid Oxygen Mechanical Impact Testing Sensitivity (ASTM G86, ASTM D2512, ISO 21010, NASA Test 13A)
- PGOXMIS – Pressurized Gaseous Oxygen Mechanical Impact Sensitivity (ASTM G86, NASA Test 13B)
- OI – Oxygen Index (ASTM G125)
- Aging – (ASTM G114)
- HBO AIT – AIT for hyperbaric oxygen (special case in ASTM G72 (Section 8.2.3) for a low-pressure application).
- Insulation Hot Wire Test – (ISO 21010)