Kanchan Chowdhury, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. in cryogenic engineering (1984) and bachelor of technology in mechanical engineering (1978) from the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
- Currently serves as a senior professor in mechanical engineering at the Institute of Chemical Technology, Indian Oil Bhubaneswar Campus, Odisha
Dr. Chowdhury serves as an oxygen safety consultant based in India. His rich academic and practical background has equipped him with multiple specialties, including:
- Safety in hospitals and process industry
- Prevention of fire in oxygen-rich systems
- Refrigeration technology and cold storage
- Cryogenic liquefaction, storage, and handling
- Cryogenic air separation
- Heat exchangers
- Helium liquefication and refrigeration
- On-board re-liquefaction and regasification of liquid natural gas (LNG)
As a prominent professor and consultant, he has contributed to numerous oxygen technology research projects and investigations for academic institutions, commercial businesses, the Indian government, the Indian defense ministry, and the Indian Space Research Organization.
Are your oxygen, hydrogen, or other hazardous fluid systems safe? Contact us to schedule a free 15-minute consultation with one of our experienced staff members.